Configuring ConnectWise Manage Integration
- You must have the Integrations feature enabled on your account – email@example.com if you do not see this available.
- Create and/or update all your ConnectWise products and agreements.
- Administrator access to ConnectWise Manage to generate a public and private keys.
- You will need your Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) and your company ID.
- Generate your own Company ID here (ConnectWise login required).
Enabling ConnectWise Integration
There are two sets of controls that grant access to the Integrations feature.
To set up your own ConnectWise integration, you will need the Integrations feature enabled on your account. Speak to your channel team representative or Spambrella contact to have this feature enabled. When the feature is enabled, you will have the ability to set up a ConnectWise Manage integration and also the ability to enable your customers to manage their own integrations.
To allow your customers to use the Integrations feature. Navigate to Customer Management > Automation Settings and enable the Allow customers to use Integrations option and click Save.
Configure ConnectWise Integration
1. Navigate to Account Management > Integrations and click Configure under the ConnectWise option.
2. Enter your ConnectWise credentials to get started.
- Fully Qualified Domain Name – URL for your ConnectWise company.
- Company ID – Your ConnectWise Manage company name.
- Public Key / Private Key – API credentials.
3. Click TEST CONNECTION. When successful, click SAVE AND CONTINUE.
CHOOSE DATA TO SYNC
Choose what data you would like to sync to ConnectWise. We will sync active user count and package information daily, at 06:00 UTC.
1. Click Save and Continue.
MAP YOUR PRODUCTS
Next, specify which service packages you want to synchronize. You don’t have to synchronize all your packages, only the packages applicable to your customers.
1. Enable the Package(s) you wish to synchronize by clicking the toggle.
2. Select the applicable product in ConnectWise from the ConnectWise Product drop-down.
3. Choose how you would like to bill your customers for each package.
4. Select if the product is taxable or tax-exempt. (Taxable by default)
5. After mapping all desired products, click SAVE AND CONTINUE.
MAP YOUR CUSTOMERS
Finally, specify which organizations you want to synchronize. You don’t have to synchronize all your organizations, only the organizations you wish to invoice.
1. Enable the organizations(s) you wish to synchronize.
2. Select the applicable company from the ConnectWise Company drop down.
3. Select the agreement for each customer you wish to map.
4. When you have finished mapping each organization, click SAVE AND CONTINUE.
Once the ConnectWise integration has been successfully configured, the integration will create or update any mapped organizations additions based on the agreement assigned. In each addition, the integration will automatically update the Total Quantity (Active user count).
Will billing information syncs update existing additions?
Yes, if there is an existing agreement in place with an addition, the sync will detect it using the assigned product and apply the appropriate usage count.
Will I need to create a new addition for each organization once mapped?
No, if there is an existing agreement in place without an addition, we will create a new addition, using the product mapped.
What is the sync schedule?
We will synchronize the package details and the number of active users every day at 06:00 UTC.
How can I stop a ConnectWise sync from executing?
There are different controls available to do this. If you wish to stop a particular organization from syncing, navigate to Account Management > Integrations and click Edit under the ConnectWise option. Then under the Customer tab, locate the customer and set the sync toggle to disabled, then click Save.
If you wish to stop a particular package from syncing, navigate to Account Management > Integrations and click Edit under the ConnectWise option. Then under the package tab, locate the package and set the sync toggle to disabled, then click Save.
If you wish to stop a particular data type i.e., billing information from syncing, navigate to Account Management > Integrations and click Edit under the ConnectWise option. Then under the Sync Data tab, locate the data type and set the sync toggle to disabled, then click Save.