Email Encryption Plug-in for Outlook
Situation – Does the product have a plug-in for the Encryption product?
Solution – Yes we provide direct access to the Proofpoint Secureshare Outlook plug-in.
- Where to get the encryption plug-in
- Install the encryption plug-in
- Verify plug-in installation
- Ensure the filter is enabled
- Prior to installation, ensure you have licensed your account to the appropriate package.
- Advanced is the minimum package.
- Outbound relay through Spambrella is required.
- If outbound mail does not flow through Spambrella, messages cannot be encrypted via the Proofpoint SecureShare service.
The Plug-Ins For Encryption
Contact support with your current Exchange version, Windows version and Outlook version. The team will then provide you with the correct installer.
Installing The Outlook Plug-In
Please make sure your Outlook Program is closed out prior to the installation of the plug-in.
- From where you downloaded the installation file, double-click to start the installation.
- Click Run on the security warning if it pops up.
- Click Next on the Proofpoint Encryption Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook Set-up screen.
- Check the box for the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Next to install in the default folder or click Change to select another location.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish when the installation has completed.
Verify Plug-In Installation
- Launch Outlook.
- Compose a new message.
- Look for the Send Securely button in the message composition window.
In order for the plug-in to work properly, Outlook must have been installed from a local installation. Cloud-based installs of Outlook have caused the plug-in to not work properly.
Ensure Filter Enabled
Please review the KB for How to set-up Email Encryption to ensure the filter is enabled.