How to get the Permalink of an email log
Your Administrator or Spambrella Support Team may request that you identify messages that you need support for by sending its Permalink to the Spambrella Support team.
A permalink, in the case of the Spambrella Interface is a URL that points directly to the email detail information of a specific email log entry after it has been processed by the Proofpoint Essentials platform. Because a Permalink remains unchanged and it is possible for the Support team to use this link to identify a specific message in the email logs.
When you are asked to send one or more of these messages (in the case of pattern identifications) they are simply retrieved by completing the following steps:
(See how to Look at messages in your logs – this will be step 1, then step 7 and 8 are the final steps.)
- Login to your Spambrella interface:
https://spambrella.cloud-protect.net– Europe, Africa, Russia and Asia customers
https://us-spambrella.cloud-protect.net – US, Canada, South America customers
- Presuming this is an issue with an end-user, go to the Users & Groups section.
- If you do not see the user from the immediate list, search for the user in the search field.
- On the line of the specific user, press the “Logs” link.
- Refine your search to find a specific email you want to be reviewed.
- Type: This is for Inbound or Outbound email
- Received: Adjust this to your best estimate of the time frame you are looking at
- Status: This is where the message currently resides. If absolutely unsure, try to use ANY if you input the following fields
- FROM: This is the sender address
- TO: This is the recipient address
- Subject: key words found in the message subject
- Hitting search will apply the parameters to look for the email. If there are no results, review the search parameters.
- From the results click on Detail link for the desired message log item to display the Email Detail window
- The top line of the Email Detail window will contain the Permalink needed to identify the message.
- However you like, copy the entire permalink URL, or right click via your browser copy command, and provide this to support.