Manage Email Archive Users
About Email Archive Users
All users defined in Spambrella are also users within the Email Archive. User accounts are synced every 5 minutes. Removing a user from Spambrella does not remove them from the Email Archive since they need to remain associated with archived messages. Such users are automatically marked as “inactive”.
All users are automatically “end users”, who can search the Archive for messages they sent or received. In addition, users may be granted additional roles:
- Administrators have the right to manage the Email Archive configuration (e.g. add/edit/remove a connection, set retention, enable/disable legal hold).
- Discovery Users have the right to search the entire Archive (all mailboxes, not just their own).
Working With The Email Archive User List
For each user, you see:
- their username
- an icon indicating their status (active or inactive)
- the date on which they were added to the Email Archive (that is when their account was synced from Spambrella)
- the date on which they were removed from the Email Archive (that is when their account was removed from Spambrella)
To filter the list to show a subset of users by type, click Filter By, then choose the type of user to display.
To change a user’s role, click and add or remove the Administrator and/or Discovery User role, then click Save.