Bypass Spam Filtering in Office 365
Bypassing Spam Filtering in Office 365
You may want to adjust your spam filtering policy in Office 365 to bypass filtering for clean mail that is being sent from Spambrella. Spambrella IP ranges should be added to the Allowed List in the Connection Filtering Policy within the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center.
To add Spambrella IP Ranges to the Connection Filter Policy:
- Log in to the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center (EAC)
- Click on protection
- Click on connection filter
- Click the Edit icon
- Click on connection filtering
- Click on the plus icon +within the IP Allow list section
- Add the Spambrella Main IP Address for the Data Center your account is located on. These IP addresses can be found at the following link: https://www.spambrella.com/faq/data-center-information
- Click Save to apply changes
Add a mail flow rule to allow email to be sent from Spambrella
- While accessing the Exchange Admin Center, click mail flow.
- Click + to access the pull-down menu.
- Select Restrict messages by sender or recipient…
- In the new rule window, complete the required fields:
- Enter a value for Name (e.g.“Enter Only accept mail from Spambrella”)
- For “Apply this rule if…” select “The Sender is located…” and “Outside the organization”.
- For “Do the following…” select “Delete the message without notifying anyone”.
- Uncheck Audit this rule with severity level.
- For “Choose a mode for this rule” select “Enforce”.
- Click More options.
- Click add exception.
- Select “the sender…” > “IP address is in any of these ranges or exactly matches”
- Add each IP address to the IP address list.
- Click OK
- Clive Save.
- Uncheck the checkbox to disable the rule. You will re-enable the rule once you are ready to cutover mailflow