Creating a Filter
Default filter settings for new customers can be defined in a template. Navigate to ‘Administration‘ and click > Customer Management > Customers > Templates.
To create a filter for your company:
- Navigate to ‘Security Settings‘ and click Email > Filter Policies
For a customer’s users:
- Navigate to ‘Administration‘ click > Customer Management > Customers
- Search or select the customer for which you want to set up email filtering (the customer’s company record opens).
- Navigate to ‘Security Settings‘ and click > Filter Policies
- On either the Inbound or Outbound tab, click New Filter.
- Enter a descriptive Filter Name.
- Choose the filter direction (Inbound or Outbound) — defaults to the tab being used for this procedure, but can be overridden.
- Click Continue.
The filter definition page opens:
The filter’s name and direction are shown on a panel on the right of the page. You can change the filter’s name and direction on this panel, and/or add a description of the filter.
- Choose the Scope of the filter (company, group, or user).
- Define the first “if” condition that will determine if the email triggers the filter’s action: choose a condition from the list, then choose the appropriate value (if any).
- If necessary, click Add Another Condition and repeat the steps. Repeat until all conditions are defined, in order.
- Choose the primary action that results when an email meets the condition(s): Quarantine, Allow, or Nothing.
- If this action should take priority over any actions defined for other filters the email might match, check Override the Previous Destination.
- Optionally, click Add Another Action and choose an additional action.
- Click Save.
The filter is listed on the appropriate tab (Inbound or Outbound).
To enable or disable a filter, on the appropriate tab (Inbound or Outbound) click the toggle on or off.