Domain Verification – TXT Record
To verify domain by adding a DNS (TXT) record to your domain’s configuration
In order to register a domain for email relay within Spambrella, you will need verify ownership of the domain.
Step 1: Create your domain in Spambrella
- Login to Spambrella
- Click on Company Settings
- Click on Domains
- Click on New Domain
- Enter the domain name
- Choose “Relay” from domain purpose list
- Enter the delivery destination (Optional at this time but required before it can be enabled)
- Enter SMTP failover location (Optional)
- Choose “Verify by TXT record” from the verification method list
- Copy the value displayed on the screen (i.e., ppe-7c123438b96cd00aa17e)
- Click on Verify Later *
*Note: (Verify Later) If you do not click on Verify Later the verification code will change and you will have to repeat this process.
Step 2: Add the DNS record to your domain
- Open a new tab or browser window
- Login to your DNS provider’s website
- Go to your provider’s domain management window – this may be called DNS Settings, Control Panel, Advanced Settings, etc.
- Add a new entry to your DNS
– Type = TXT
– Host = @ (“@” Represents a shortcut to the root domain. Keep in mind that the DNS provider may not support the shortcut and you will need to add the root domain. If you have a subdomain, enter your subdomain in place of the @.)
– Value/Answer/Definition = Paste value from clipboard (i.e., “ppe-7c123438b96cd00aa17e”)
– TTL = 3600 seconds / 1 hour
- Ensure that you save the change
Step 3: Verify domain in Spambrella
- Return to Spambrella
- Click on the Edit icon next to the domain you wish to verify
- Click on Verify Now
- Confirm that the verification status value associated with the domain is Verified
Once the required DNS changes have been made, it can take some time for those changes to propagate. If verification fails please retry verification after 1 to 4 hours.