Review Message Logs
Viewing the Logs
When you log into the Spambrella interface, the email logs screen can be easily accessed by selecting the Logs tab on the top navigation. On the logs page, as an organization administrator you can then select the User/Distribution List/ Security Group whose logs you wish to search by simply clicking on the logs link next to the specific account. The default settings will display (as below) on the log search form, ‘Inbound mail’ for ‘Today and Yesterday’ which has been ‘Quarantined’. So in order to view any emails that have been quarantined for the current day simply click the search button.
From the Log Search form you can additionally change the dropdown settings for Type, Received and Status, to perform a more specific search for the messages you wish to view. To release one or more emails from quarantine and deliver them to your email address, simply complete the following steps:
- Run the quarantine search from the log search form (default settings). On the Search Results window, select the check box in front of each email that you want to release.
- Click the Actions Drop down list and select Release From Quarantine then click Apply.
- The emails released will then appear in your inbox in the next minute.
Reviewing the logs is a powerful and useful tool. This is a starting point to help you and support to look into issues.
- Login to Spambrella
- Presuming this is an issue with an end-user, go to the Users & Groups section.
- If you do not see the user from the immediate list, search for the user in the search field.
- On the line of the specific user, press the “Logs” link.
- Refine your search to find a specific email you want to be reviewed.
- Type: This is for Inbound to your user or Outbound email your user sent
- Received: Adjust this to your best estimate of the time frame you are looking at
- Status: This is where the message currently resides. If absolutely unsure, try to use ANY if you input the following fields
- FROM: This is the sender address
- TO: This is the recipient address
- Subject: key words found in the message subject
- Hitting search will apply the parameters to look for the email. If there are no results, review the search parameters.
- You can adjust the search limit per page, up to 1000 results.
- From the results click on the desired message log item to display the Email Detail window
What can you do with logs:
- Report messages as spam
- Provide a permalink
- Release a message from the Quarantine