About Sender Lists
Sender lists contain email addresses (email@example.com) or domains (*@domain.dev) that are to be explicitly identified as “safe” or “blocked”. Emails from safe addresses will be delivered, even if they are suspected of being spam, although not if they contain a virus (in which case they will be quarantined). Messages from blocked addresses/domains will be quarantined.
Sender lists provide a simple alternative to filters and apply only to emails that have successfully passed through custom filters. By default, sender lists are processed as follows (at each stage, the entries in the list are processed in the order in which they appear in the boxes in the Sender List page):
- User’s allowed sender list.
- User’s blocked sender list.
- Group’s allowed sender list.
- Group’s blocked sender list.
- Company’s allowed sender list, email address entries.
- Company’s blocked sender list, email address entries.
- Company’s allowed sender list; domain entries.
- Company’s blocked sender list; domain entries.
Manual Adding to lists
- Once logged in, navigate to ‘Security Settings‘ now click on Email > Sender Lists. This will enable you to review or add entries to the domain (company-wide) sender lists.
- To add addresses or domains (*@domain.com) to the list, type them in the text box and use a line, comma or semi-colon to separate them
- Click the Save button at the bottom to ensure your lists are saved.
Blocked Senders: Messages from addresses or domains that you include on the Blocked Sender list will be quarantined.
Safe Senders: Messages from addresses or domains that you include on the Safe Sender list will not be quarantined.
Adding from Logs
Note: This action can only be performed if a previous filter was not used, as to not create conflicting filters.
- From the logs page, do your search.
- Click on the ‘detail‘ button
- Depending on what you searched for, drop down menus will appear on certain items.
- Envelope Sender – not the same as the ‘from.’ This is typically used on mailing lists.
- ‘From‘ Header – this is what you see on the from line in the message header
- Recipient – this is who the message is sent to.
- Pending the action you chose, it will open the Sender List page and add to the proper list.
- Allow this address
- Allow this domain
- Block this address
- Block this domain
- Save the page once it is opened.