Spambrella Email Encryption
Encryption is purpose-built to help small and medium enterprises reduce the potential negative impacts of data loss by automatically encrypting email. The need to secure communications that contain sensitive data has never been greater. Fines, negative publicity and loss of customer trust await companies, both large and small, who lose confidential or customer information.
More than two-thirds of an organization’s intellectual property is typically exchanged by email between offices, partners, and customers. If sensitive content is being sent out without proper oversight regarding its compliance to government regulations as well as your own policies, it might not be encrypted—and you run the risk of leaks and other exposure.
- Organizations can create filters that automatically identify outbound emails that should be encrypted.
- End-users can trigger encryption by using a predefined tag in the email subject line.
- Internal users, including the original sender and internal recipients, can compose, read and respond to all encrypted emails in their inboxes.
- External users must use Secure Mail (web-based interface) in order to read and respond to encrypted emails they have been sent.
Encryption is included in these service packages:
Encrypting An Email
If you wish to make use of Spambrella Encryption service (Proofpoint Secure Share) you must be subscribed to the Advanced or Professional email security service packages. Please visit the email security service page to review the plans available.
Enable Email Encryption Service
- Navigate to Administration / Account Management – Features
- Tick check box – Enable Email Encryption
- Click – Save
How to create the standard subject filter with [encrypt]
- Under Security Settings, click Email.
- Click Filter Policies.
- Select the Outbound tab.
- Click on New Filter.
- Choose a name for your filter (e.g. Encryption – subject).
- Click Continue.
- Ensure Scope is set to Company.
- If statement
- First parameter: Email Subject
- Second Paraemter: CONTAIN(S) ANY OF
- Text box: [encrypt]
- Do statement
- Select Encrypt
- Click ADD ANOTHER ACTION
- Select Strip Subject Line Encryption Terms
- Click Save.